The Complete Information Guide in 2020:
- What is Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and what SCR does?
- Where can you buy AdBlue for your EURO 4, EURO 5 and EURO 6 SCR vehicles?
- Which packaging should you purchase?
- Which is the best brand of AdBlue in Singapore?
- What’s the recommended engine oil for your EURO 4, EURO 5 and EURO 6 SCR vehicles?
What is Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Systemand what SCR does?
When diesel is burnt in diesel vehicles, Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) are formed. NOx are harmful gases that can negatively impact human respiration system as well as the environment. Thus regulators implement laws to control the level of NOx level from diesel vehicle exhaust. Vehicle manufacturers built diesel vehicle fitted with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system to meet the NOx emission regulation.
Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) is an after-exhaust treatment system to reduce the Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) level in the diesel vehicle exhaust. SCR System ultilise AdBlue solution to react with the NOx to render them harmless.
Where can I buy AdBlue for my EURO 4, EURO 5 and EURO 6 SCR Vehicles?
AdBlue are available at various parts of Singapore in different packagings. Please visit this page Where to Buy to find out about the locations selling AdBlue.
Which packaging should you purchase?
There’s a few general rules to guide you on the packaging to use:
- AVOID buying drums. Usually due to mishandling, dirt / engine oil / diesel / grease will go into the AdBlue tank and damage the SCR System
- If you have less than 8 units of Class 4 / Class 5 SCR diesel vehicle, it’s time to change to the 1000 Litres IBC Tank to save some money.
- If your management likes to monitor the inventory, 10 Litres and 20 Litres packaging will be the best way to do it. When the AdBlue tank low on AdBlue, usually 20 Litres will top it up to almost full.
Which is the best brand of AdBlue in Singapore?
There is no best brand for AdBlue in the Market. What we can observed is that most of the Selective Catalytic Convertor (SCR) Diesel vehicle dealers carry the brand Novax AdBlue. We leave the rest for you to judge.
What’s the recommended engine oil for your EURO 4, EURO 5 and EURO 6 SCR vehicles?
The key is to look at the diesel vehicle’s service manual. The manual will indicate the specifications of Engine Oil that’s suitable for your SCR Vehicle.
Some common terms you should see are:
- API: CI4, CI4+, CJ4
- JASO DH-1
- Volvo VDS-3
- MAN 3275
- Cummins 20071, 20072, 20076, 20077, 20078
With these terms, counter check with the engine oil specifications to see if it’s suitable. Alternatively you can visit Diesel Engine Oil to see the some of the engine oil that’s suitable.
What are AdBlue and SCR? AdBlue is injected through a catalyst into the vehicle’s exhaust as you drive, kick-starting a process called Selective Catalytic Reduction, or SCR. SCR reduces harmful pollutants by converting nitrogen oxides (NOx) into nitrogen, water and tiny amounts of carbon dioxide before being expelled from the exhaust.